Tonight I was weighing our garbage as part of an upcoming series on conducting a home waste audit. Due to the awkward size of some of the bins I had to weigh myself holding the waste. Which of course means I have to weigh myself without holding the waste. FML.
As our Go Green Get Fit Challenge comes to an end I have been reflecting on the last 12 weeks. I learned a lot about how to improve my workouts and food from an environmental sense from my own research but also from following along with my fellow participants. I also final came to terms with my biggest obstacle....food. Originally I thought it was time but really when I examined it more I realized that was just an excuse. How can I say I don't have time to make dinner when I have everything in the house and instead opt for Joe going to get takeout...which takes 30-40 minutes.
True Dat - source
What did I get out of this Challenge?
* I learned that I needed to take more time for myself and to make my own fitness a priority
* I learned that what I drink in the morning has a big impact on my energy levels
* I learned that sleep is so very important in overall fitness and in weight loss
* I met some awesome people who have inspired me to do more
* I fell in love with the idea of falling in love with running
* I learned I can lift more than I think I can
* I learned that 3 bootcamp classes in 1 week will make you puke
* I learned that black beans are frickin delicious
* I learned that as much as I want pink running shoes I scared to get pink running shoes
* I realized that I have some of the most amazing and supportive colleagues/work out buddies ever
Related Posts - Check them Out
Miessence Shampoo Review
Fitness Bizarro World
Fitness and Camping