I'm sick. Again. In fact I have been sick on and off since the fall. I think B and I are in a vicious cycle where we just keep giving it back and forth to one another. So far this year I have had the flu, a double eye infection, a cold sore and a throat infection. When I get sick I don't usually take medication but instead drink plenty of fluids, rest and look for natural remedies, which means I am sick for longer than the average person who takes traditional medication.
Being fit and getting the proper nutrients is the best way to proactively fight off any illness. Last year I was in shape and felt good. Then the summer came, bootcamp ended and I just couldn't get back into the swing of things at the gym, even though I still went each week. Slowly life took over and my nutrition started to drop off too (drastically). It is amazing how much work it takes to get fit and how quickly you can ruin it. I am disappointed in myself that I let it go so easily but am committed to getting back on track.
This month I am going to stop being reactive and start being proactive.
March's Eco-Challenge* Eat 1 green smoothie every day
* Increase daily protein intake 80 grams
* Start taking L-Lysine and Vitamin C daily
* Research other essential vitamins for both B and I
* Workout at least 4 times a week - 2 of which must be resistance training
* Go to bed by 11:30 on work nights (only this late due to night time potty training)
* Takeout food only once per week
How do you proactively fight off illness? If you do get sick do you rely on medication or natural remedies?