I never thought I would be an extended breastfeeder but I am so proud that I am. We reached a pretty big milestone last week. A year and a half of breastfeeding. When B was first born my goal was to nurse until he got teeth. And when those suckers came in I had several times where I would say I was done out of the pain from him biting. But we worked through it and he learned to not do that. My next goal was to make it to 1 year. It was hard since I went back to work at 9 months and had supply issues starting around 10 months. I got lots of support and brought my supply back up. After B turned 1 I decided I wanted to make it to 15 months....then 18 months. Now I don't know what to aim for. Do I even need to have a goal anymore?
I think the biggest shock when we do stop will be the cost of having to buy organic milk. It is going to be hard to pay for something that we have been getting for free for so long!
What do I love about breastfeeding
1. The snuggles
2. When B sticks his feet in my face and laughs all while still nursing
3. I'm like a walking fridge....milk is always available when he wants it
4. Knowing I am able to give B what is best for him
5. Cash monies savings!
6. It is eco-friendly...which you know is right up my alley
7. Those quiet moments where it is just B and I in the middle of the night
8. Bonding...oh the bonding
9. Seeing Joey being happy and proud of me
What did I hate about breastfeeding
1. Waking up with rock hard porn star boobs while laying in a puddle of milk
2. Pumping....especially at work. How I did that 3 times a day for 7 months I will never know
3. Pumping...in the bathroom of Union Station (ewwwww fecal mist)
Related Posts - Check them Out