I collected the trash today (so this means things that would end up in the landfill - not what is recycled or composted). Here is what we had: More than 10 minutes - diapers (3). Less than 10 minutes - wipes (4), cottage cheese plastic seal (2), sticker around organic banana's, cereal bar wrapper.
* I am looking into cloth diapers as a transition to potty training.
* I am going to make my own cloth wipes
* Looking into Terra Cycle Canada and if they will take the cereal bar wrappers
* Am going to stop buying these organic baby cookies since I can't recycle the plastic they come in
* I already have a water bottle for work and use a mug for tea. I will be taking a spoon with me to stir my tea and I have handmade sandwich bags that I use for work.
* I will continue with my no-printing streak at work
Day 3 - 3 diapes, 4 wipes, 1 cereal bar wrapper.
Day 4 - 3 diapers, 3 wipes, 1 cereal bar wrapper, 1 piece plastic wrap
Day 5 - 3 diapers, 5 wipes, 1 cereal bar wrapper, plastic from whole chicken, absorbent pad under whole chicken, 1 piece of gum, 1 plastic bag from frozen corn
Day 6 - 3 diapers, 5 wipes, 1 cereal bar wrapper
Day 7 - 3 diapers, 4 wipes, 1 cereal bar wrapper, 1 bag frozen peas, 1 piece plastic wrap, butchers paper and plastic from fish
Day 8: 3 diapers, 5 wipes, 1 cereeal bar wrapper, 1 cottage cheese seal
I used to use a plastic bag as a school bag
Simple Tricks to Make Composting Successful
Rethinking One Time Use