I like to call these my Clear Out the Cooler Nachos because they are a great way to use up the leftover veggies, meat and cheese that you may have kicking around in the cooler. Add leftover veggies and chicken from fajitas or ground beef from burgers or spaghetti sauce. The possibilities are endless and it is a great way to reduce any food waste that you may generate while camping. They are super easy to make and require very little time to prep and cook, which let's face it....is the perfect recipe for camping. After all, I prefer to spend my time like this vs slaving over a hot stove/BBQ/fire.
What You Need
Cast iron pan
Non-GMO nacho chips
Your favourite nacho toppings
Campfire or a BBQ
- If you are cooking on a campfire make sure that you have a grill on top to place the cast iron pan onto. If you don't have a grill then you will need to wait until you have hot coals and not flames.
- If you are cooking on a BBQ pre-heat it on a medium setting.
- Once your campfire or BBQ is hot and ready to go start to prepare your nachos by adding the nacho chips to the cast iron pan.
- Add a thin layer of shredded cheese to hold the chips in place.
- Add your favourite toppings ensuring that any meats are cooked ahead of time.
- Top with more shredded cheese.
- Place the cast iron pan on the fire/BBQ (if using a BBQ make sure you close the lid if you can).
- Cook time will vary based on the heat of your fire/BBQ so watch it closely. You will know it is done when the cheese it fully melted.
- Serve with your favourite sides like salsa, sour cream and homemade guacamole.
- Don't forget to clean your cast iron pan afterwards!
What are your favourite quick and easy camping recipes?
Related Posts - Check them Out