Green Works Natural All Purpose Cleaner was the first "green" cleaner that wasn't soap that I purchased. Needless to say I am disappointed. Like with the Green Works Dishwashing Liquid the smell was just awful. It says 'IRRITANT' on the bottle and well it lives up to it. I had a hard time using it without having the windows open. Not exactly what I was looking for in a green cleaner.
Does it clean? Sure it does. Not as well as I had hoped though. To get some things (say jam) up off the counter I had to spray a bunch of the product on and leave it there for a bit. Then I could wipe it away. I used this product mostly in the kitchen but I also used it in the bathrooms a few times. It did a good job at cleaning the faucet and the sink (minus toothpaste gunkies).
The ingredients say it is made from coconut based cleaning agent, corn based ethanol, essential oil, filtered water and biodegradable preservative. It contains no phosphorus or bleach. Now in big bold letters on the back it also says that it should be kept out of reach of children and if you swallow it you should call the Poison Control Center because it contains alkyl polyglucosides and ethanol.
You know I just noticed on the back that this product has a stamp for the Design for the Environment. This means it is US EPA recognized for safer chemistry. That sounds about right to me because it is better than your traditional chemical cleaners but I can not imagine it is better than the other green solutions out there.
One good thing about this product is that it is easy to find. So in a pinch you could always pick it up if you can not find anything else that meets your needs.
As I mentioned in my other review of Green Works products this is a Clorox brand so that may or may not be a deal breaker for some of you.
*** I have not been paid to review this product nor was I given any of this product to review. I bought the product myself and am reviewing it on my own. This post contains affiliate links.
Related Posts - Check them out