A few months ago I posted my Green To Do List. Time to dust it off and see how I am doing.
1. Do my final check on the SunChips bags in my composter and garden *Need to check the garden2. Find a way to store "special waste" *Still haven't started this
3. Hook downspout up to rain barrel *Next spring (I keep telling myself this)
4. Tend to veggie garden *Part done...just need to bring the bean and tomato poles inside
5. Think about ways to cut down on plastic consumption *Working on this
6. Make own oven cleaner and window cleaner. *Still using up old one's
7. Start to use vinegar as a rinse agent in dishwasher *Starting next load
8. Look for a new facial cleanser and moisturizer *Still looking.....
9. Figure out if I love my steam cleaner or if I should return it/beat the hell out of it *I hate it. Will not use for deep cleaning. Only daily basic cleaning.
10. Research an environmentally friendly mattress. *Waiting for boxing day sales
11. Sell baby stuff *Ongoing
12. Buy a 1/4 or 1/2 cow from a local organic farm *Not started yet
13. Start to think about EF Christmas gifts *Making awesome progress on this!
Dear lord that was depressing. I thought I would have more done....
Just a reminder that the Otterbottle Insulated Lunch Tote Giveaway ends this Sunday.
There are triggers in my life. Certain sounds or smells that make me think of something from my life. Like I every time I want into a lumber store I smell freshly cut wood and think of my Dad. The sound of waves will always remind me of laying beside Joey on Half Moon Cay.
Come inside my trashcan for a moment. In the past week here is what has gone into it. These are things that I need to find out if they can be recycled in our city. Some I know the answer already, some I do not.
* diapers - our compost system does not allow these
* peel off top to yogurt - does this count as a foil?
* wrap from a chicken
* styrofoam from under a chicken - not picked up in our recycle program but can be dropped off
* wrapper from B's cookies - does this count as a foil?
* wrapper from B's cereal bars - does this count as a foil?
* bag from inside of a cereal box
* milk bag
* plastic from a wine bottle - I didn't want/need it but he had already put it on
* onion bag
* breastmilk storage bag
* saran wrap
* plastic seal from cottage cheese container
Notice it is almost all plastic? That is really what made me start to do this in the first place.
What do you do with any of these items? Any suggestions are welcome if you aren't able to recycle them as part of your local program.
Related Posts - Check them out
Home vs City Compost
The Disappearing Bag
Hair Raising Problem
I have been back to work since May. Since then I have yet to print anything on the printer. I take my laptop to meetings and pull the documents up on it. I take noted directly on a document on my computer and sometimes in my notebook.
Related Posts - Check them out
One is the loneliest number
What is the Shift?
Go to Otterbottle and tell me which product you love and what you would use it for. Leave 1 comment for this entry.
Additional Entries - Leave a separate comment for each that you do.
* Follow my blog publicly on GFC
* Follow my blog through reader or email
* Follow me on twitter and tweet the following "Win an insulated tote from @JnJGoGreen and @otterbottle http://tinyurl.com/37tqax2 #giveaway" Make sure to leave a comment with a link to your twitter status. You can tweet daily for additional entries!
* Follow Otterbottle on twitter
I have been nominated for a Mommy Blog Award in the Eco-Friendly category! The first round of voting is on until Monday and for some reason I was never notified that I was nominated so I literally just found out when going to vote for a blog I follow.
So if you love my blog then head on over to Bump and vote for me!